20.11.09

29 November 2009

The day started out fine. Woke up at about 8AM and then went back to bed. Woke up again at 9:30 then fixed myself. At about 10:30, I started for the office. It'll be a few more days later before we can migrate to the new office as I heard that there are lots of things to fix before it can be considered to be work-able. Also, the Internet connection for the place hadn't been put to place yet.

I goofed around (meaning worked) for a couple of hours then lunch came. We decided to take rice gruel (goto) with egg and fried tofu instead of the normal lunch. Man, I missed eating goto, I promise to make one for me and my wife at least every two weeks.

After office, Kelly and I went somewhere to talk to a client about building a content management system from scratch. I really think that CMSs should be customized for each client and avoid run-of-the-mill CMSs since you can only customize then as much as you can.

For this CMS, I will probably be using CodeIgniter PHP Framework and MySQL Database Server.

I just finished (albeit, lacking one functionality: the comments section) working on the database schema for the basic CMS. I just hope that my team mates would approve of the schema. If not, it's back to the drawing board for me. Not that I complain :D

As of this writing, I am about 78% complete on the Vicidial Report Generation Tool that I have been working for the past two months already.